Love List

Thursday, March 8, 2018

OOTD Feature: Uniqlo



Hi guys! Today I have a clothing-related post for you, featuring one of my favorite brands: Uniqlo. This minimalistic Japanese brand is good quality, offers a ton of color choices, and has some of the cleanest store displays I've ever seen. If you haven't checked out this brand yet, I'm going to show you several reasons why you should! Winter wear, athleisure, and workwear are some of the major reasons why I love Uniqlo so much. I've been a loyal customer to the brand for years, and bought up their Heat Tech like crazy while I lived in Seoul. If you want to see some of my favorite items and how I put them together, click "read more" below :)



Mixxo Blouse (Similar here) $30-$40   
Uniqlo Dress Pants (Similar here) $20-$30
Just Jinny Ankle-strap Heels (Green on SALE here) $50-$60 also here
Francesca's Statement Necklace Exact necklace below $28

My absolute favorite dress pants are from Uniqlo. From Chinos to trousers, to culottes and black denim leggings; these are all super affordable, comfortable, and come in so many colors. My dress pants are in navy with a french clasp, in size Small. You can dress this look up even more with a blazer or a trench coat.

Two of the exact items were purchased in Korea. Mixxo is my favorite brand with feminine blouses and skirts for pretty affordable prices, if you're ever in Korea definitely check it out! Otherwise, try sites like Shop and Box or Shipnn to pick some up. The shoes were also purchased from the lower end line created by Korean shoe designer Jinny Kim.




Zara Die-Cut Blouse $40 here 
Uniqlo Cropped Pants $19.90
Just Jinny Ankle-Strap Heels $60
Michael Kors Handbag $200 (Similar here)

Featuring Uniqlo pants AGAIN. I've been wanting periwinkle blue pants, and these fit the budget exactly. I love the stretchy waistband and the simple belt, which cinches in my waist really nicely. They can transition from dressy to casual, PLUS they're super comfortable. I picked these up in beige as well, both are in a size Small. 

The Zara blouse is no longer in stock, but I actually bought it because it was most similar to the H&M alternative below. It's perfect for spring and summer, and it gives the outfit that feminine touch. The Zara top shoulders are a bit more pronounced than I would have liked, so I recommend picking up the H&M one in store! It's sold out of most sizes online. Check out the outfit above for the Just Jinny Heels. I bought Lili this Michael Kors bag at the outlet, so I got it for around $200. Below are other options, loving the daisy one!





Uniqlo Denim Jacket $39.90 
Uniqlo Supima T-shirt $9.90
Uniqlo High-waisted Chiffon Skirt $19.99
Superga Cotu Sneakers $65
Loft Tassel Earrings $10

I LOVE Uniqlo denim. Their jeans are so good, I decided why not try out their jacket? This comes in 3 washes, I went with the dark wash to make it a bit more dressy. I bought this one in M so I can layer sweaters underneath, but the sleeves are a touch long for me (I'm petite at 5'2"). 

Uniqlo also has great basics, this gray supima-cotton tee is comfy, and perfect for layering. This chiffon skirt is one of my favorites (also own it in an olive color) I got it on sale for $10 in a size S for the olive one, and M for the pink. It has a stretchy waist band, but I like tucking in heavier shirts and sweaters. 

Lastly, I got these white canvas sneakers at DSW. I used a $10 coupon. I have to say, the Cotu sneakers are a bit on the heavy side, and not cushioned at all. However, I had to toss my favorite SJYP canvas sneakers, and these are a good replacement. The Loft has some really cute accessories, I picked up black and gold tassel earings (they look more like fans) at my local outlet. 




Uniqlo Rayon Short Sleeve Blouse $19.90
Calvin Klein Cardigan $50 (Similar here)
Uniqlo Boyfriend Jeans $29.90
Sole Society Katarina Two Piece Block Heel Pump $84.95 (Similar here)
Francesca's Chain Earrings $5

I LOVE Uniqlo rayon blouses. This short sleeved one is great for spring and summer, and white is such a great basic. I own two long-sleeved blouses in pink and aubergine, on sale they're less than $20 a piece. They're soft, pretty stain resistant, and I love the fit. I usually wear a size Small.

Uniqlo jeans are amazing. Depending on the fit, the sizing varies by a lot. I love how Uniqlo offers hemming for $5, I typically hem my jeans and pants to a 27" inseam. For these jeans, they were cropped and boyfriend, so no need for hemming. They're super comfortable and have a trendy look to them. They're slightly baggy, so I recommend going down a size. 

These Sole Society shoes were a bit of a splurge (even with a 15% coupon at sign up) but they're cushioned and the heel is the PERFECT height for walking. I got them in the color Light Camel, but there are 7 other options to choose from. I like the pointed toe, and it covers my toe cleavage, so it's a great everyday heel. I got the Francesca's earrings for $5 it was 2 for $10 at my local boutique.



I'm going to list some of my most used items below! These are definite staples, especially if it's your first time shopping at Uniqlo and you don't know what to get. I typically shop online (most of the locations near me have closed down). But you often have to spend $75 or more for free shipping. While that might be quite easy, I recommend trying out the clothes in store. Their dresses tend to be WAY too long on me. 


I hope you liked this post. Let me know what brands you'd like to hear about next time in the comments below! Maybe I'll do a post dedicated to some Korean brands? Happy shopping!



1 comment :

  1. This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things. dsw coupon

    ReplyDelete