Love List

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Favorite Cushions


Hi guys,

What better way to kick off a new blog than to mention the ever popular cushion? Today I'm going to be giving a special mention to 3 of my favorite Korean brand cushions. Click below to keep reading!

With the hundreds of choices out there on the Korean and American market choosing a cushion for your particular skin type might seem a bit daunting. I'm going to list my top favorites below and tell you why I like them.

Pony Effect Everlasting Cushion Foundation 
Price: $22.47
Natural Ivory
Buy here

I'm usually shade 21 with a neutral to yellow undertone. This cushion has a satin finish with medium coverage, but it is extremely buildable. I first heard about this one from Edward Avila. I've been impressed with Pony's products before, and this one has such a beautiful natural skin-like look to it. It comes with SPF50+. Personally I like how compact and thin it is, but it is quite wide. When you press the puff into the cushion a lot comes out, so make sure you blend it in before picking up more product. This is relatively long-wearing, I'd recommend it for those with combination to oily skin.
As a side note, this cushion comes in 7 shades, which is a fairly decent range as far as Korean foundations are concerned.

Moonshot Face Perfect Balm Cushion
Price: $39.70
No. 202
Buy here

Not gonna lie, I was skeptical on this one since there was so much hype and Black Pink uses this particular cushion. I have the micro-fit one (a good dupe for YSL) and I can do a more detailed review on that one, but surprisingly...I prefer this cushion. I was worried because I have combo skin, but this cushion is versatile if you set it with some powder. If you like that dewy glow, don't set it and it gives you beautiful fresh looking skin. This cushion also comes with SPF50+. The first time you use it the oils dispense everywhere, so make sure you press it a few times before applying to your face. The coverage is medium, Pony Effect is a little bit higher. But a little product goes a LONG way here. I love the "putty" texture. This is great for drier skin types. Goodbye patchy skin!

COSRX Clear Fit Blemish Cushion
Price: $25.90
No. 21 Light Beige
Buy here

This cushion is amazing. Coverage is great, and it looks skin-like. It's long lasting and never breaks me out. My only complaint? The packaging isn't finger-print proof, and honestly...it's not as pretty as the other cases out there. However, it has great ingredients like Centella Asiatica and Niacinamide, great for treating acne and brightening skin complexion. This one has SPF 47/PA++. I'd say the finish is semi-matte, great for all skin types.

I bought both cushions on Yesstyle and Moonshot from the store in Jamsil when I was in Korea. I've seen it on ebay, amazon, and the official site! Until next time~


1 comment :